Sunday, May 9, 2010

Catching Up

I admit it has been some time since I last wrote and it is shameful indeed. As an update, my plants survived my vacation and were well taken care of by my Beau's mother in my absence. I am sad to report that I have discovered quite the bug colony rising in my tomato plants and will be taking care of that ASAP! The great news is, my tomato plants have shot up like crazy and I need to find some way to help them grow upward and not outward. I will keep you updated on any new additions to the garden. Everything has been pretty mild on the garden front, some growing, some drying out and renewing... it's all the circle of life. I love my little herb garden and it is growing well, the Lemon Basil has really taken off and the catnip is a favorite of the neighbor's cat, Biscuit. He rubs his face in it and then lays contentedly beside it in the sunshine. Life must be good when one is a fat cat. The foxglove sprouted another bit of flowers and the heliotrope is on again off again on good health. We will keep trying. My Ivy is growing and I'm getting excited as I can now see it from inside the house growing up the room divider.

My Beau's mother gifted me some terracotta window box planters and I am excited to plant some of the extras I have and perhaps get more... as is always a wonderful temptation.

Overall...there isn't too much of excitement happening in the porch garden, although I am amazed every morning by the new tomatoes starting to peep out through their flowers. I hope some start to turn red soon. The pepper plants are getting so tall that I need to replace their support sticks with something taller. Progress is wonderful!

Happy progression,
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment