Thursday, September 15, 2011

20-ish Things


Things I Have Realized Since Moving to Oregon

(Listed in no particular order)
We named him Floyd.
  1. There are a lot more bugs than I remember. Big ones. Little ones. All sorts of ones.
  2. Leaving the house to go into town without your wedding ring on is not pleasant, especially since you cannot just turn around and go back for it. That's a 50-mile-round-trip-whoopsies.
  3. I am content to think that I will be living off of soup and hot cocoa for the rest of my life.
  4. I have too many tank tops...
  5. I need more long sleeve shirts.
  6. I still do not like spiders, no matter what size they are.
  7. People are wonderfully nice and helpful here... except when they are driving.
  8. Los Dos Amigos is not the Mexican Restaurant for us.
  9. I can sleep in until late in the mornings with weather like this...
  10. I need to invest in an alarm clock.
  11. My skin looks amazing!
  12. I am much more conscious of my energy use and water consumption. No more running a bath and keeping the lights in the house flipped on even if I am not in the room!
  13. I really enjoy cooking.
  14. The cats are not fans of Hammer-Hammerton-Ham Bone.
  15. But they do love exploring the forest right outside our back door.
  16. I am far more diligent about keeping a clean house. I contribute this to the fact that my parents can pop in whenever they want now because I am only 3 hours away. It is a good feeling.
  17. I need more books... this obviously is a good thing.
  18. It is important to be organized, especially when going to the grocery store. Creating lists helps in this process.
  19. I miss my friends in Arizona, but look forward to seeing them again soon... I'm sure.
  20. I only live 65 miles away from the beach.
An Oregonian Once More,
~Birdie

PS- (21) I have missed Shari's pie!


No comments:

Post a Comment