Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made this recipe last week and fell in love. We had a lot of hot cocoa mix left over from a winter or so ago and I wanted to bake cookies, so I began a search for the perfect recipe to pair the two. This is what I found:
Check out her photos too - they are great!

As for the recipe and my journey with the cookies, take a look below:

I recently discovered that I absolutely love brown sugar - texturally speaking - this is the best ingredient on Earth. 
Here is what you will need. Official recipe below.
You will also need an awesome cool apron made by a friend.
Mine comes from THIS amazing woman.
Delicious, no? I only had two kinds of chocolate chips...
which I borrowed from our neighbor...
so I put a 1 1/2 cups of chips each. 
Be sure to let them cool on a wire rack. It really does make a difference.
The end. These cookies lasted a day and a half in my house.
Beware of the sugar tummy ache to follow.
Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 2 sticks room temperature butter

  • 1 cup sugar

  • 2/3 cup brown sugar

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

  • 3 1/4 cups flour

  • 4 packages Hot Chocolate Mix (not sugar free)

  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup each white, milk, and semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350*F.
  • Mix White and Brown sugar together in a bowl with the butter.
  • Mix flour, hot chocolate mix, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
  • Add Eggs and Vanilla to the brown sugar mix. Stir until incorporated.
  • Slowly add flour mixture to the brown sugar mix, adding a little at a time and mixing it together.
  • Add the chocolate chips, adding a little at a time and mixing together.
  • Scoop small dollops of dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes.
  • Let cookies cool for 5 minutes while still on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire wrack to complete the cool down process.
Tips:
I typically never add Vanilla or Baking Soda to my cookies and I end up with fluffy, plump cookies every time. It is when I DO add these two ingredients that they become flat and hard after baking. I have kept these two ingredients on the list for your use, but as a suggestion, I recommend leaving them out. 

Happy Baking Adventures,
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment