Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Home Sweet Home

This is our home. It is a Mother-in-law Suite attached to the garage of our landlords... more about them later.
Our driveway.
This is the meadow just beyond our front door. Izzie is a big fan. 
We have to stand in the middle of this meadow to make phone calls.  
Our backyard and view. We see this from our bedroom window.
This is Hambone, the landlord's dog.
We call him Hambrain, Hammy, Handsome, Hams,
Handsome-Hams, Hammer, Hammers, Hammerton... The nicknames are endless.
He is a precious pup who isn't too much into other dogs,
but he has taking a liking to Izzie. 
Watch the kids play together. All three of them.
Hammers is confused as to where the ball is. Izzie is not.
Here is the landlord/neighbor's house. 
I connected with Phil and Bonny via craigslist after I posted an ad for Hubs and I looking for a house to rent. I can tell you here and now, I have never met kinder people. With open hearts and arms they welcomed us to their little slice of paradise, had dinner of Abby's pizza and potato slices waiting for us... and THEN helped us unload our truck. They treated us to dinner the following night after spending some time with us and giving us the scoop about town. THEN, Sunday morning, they invited us over for Sunday Brunch with their family and friends - we had bacon, biscuits and gravy, eggs, fruit, and hashbrowns.  So delicious. And the company was fantastic. Hubs went on a hike with them later that day. On Monday we unpacked although we would have rather gone to the coast with them. We are so fortunate. So blessed to have met these people and look forward to a long friendship with them. 
Our sideyard. Dreamy.
Ok... OK.... OK!!!! I forgot there were tons of these in the woods. Not a fan. Not. At. All! 
So here is a taste of what our house looks like on the inside. We are not fully unpacked, but we are getting there. I am sure there will be more photos to follow and with me cooking much more often, the kitchen is bound to be spotted. I love this little log cabin we have. So beautiful and cozy. Can't wait to light the fire and drink some hot tea on the couch!
We only have room for ONE bookshelf... *sigh* so I had to pick which books
I wanted out on the shelves. It's like a parent picking between children... *sigh*
Hubs' grandpa's marbles from when he was a young lad in the schoolyard.
Hubs' grandpa's toy scout. I love these little family touches.
Don't lie... you know this is the sexiest thing you have ever seen.
Regardless of his scowl, Bubs really is happy to be here.
He has dubbed this "HIS" chair. Given to us from Hubs' parents.
I think it fits in perfectly... a historic beauty.
With more adventures to ensue, keep an eye out. Photos really do speak louder than words. I doubt very much that I would have been able to describe the beauty we are surrounded by. 

Beauty, peace, and quiet all can come at a price though. We have near zero reception at our house nor do we have internet. I am enjoying the break of constant availability, but it sure does make staying connected more difficult. 

However, I have already finished one book and am starting on another. Oh how I have missed my armchair adventures and fairytale friends!

Now to find a piece of property of our own! Day by day, our dreams are coming true! Imagine what a world be like if we all lived in our hearts!

Your Country Bumpkin,
~Birdie

3 comments:

  1. simply ravishing!!! And yes, those canned goods ARE the sexiest things i have ever seen ;) I love love love the new home and am just exhilarated for you and the hubs!!!! :) CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to be up there visiting friends, your home looks lovely! :) ps. visit the fyeahglassjars tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!!!!! I am very happy for you two!!!!

    ReplyDelete