Friday, April 16, 2010

Treasure Hunting With Whitney 4/14/2010

On Wednesday I was able to meet up with Whitney to do some adventuring and exploring. Whitney had never been to Ikea before, so naturally that was the first place that we went. I wasn't in the mood to spend any money... that was until we made it downstairs and into the gardening section. I ended up picking up a few beautifully colored pots and a few small pots that I didn't intend to use for flowers, but instead bought oversized tealight candles to put in them. I also found some folding wood chairs for $20 each that would fit perfectly on my small space of a garden (No assembly required- yay!) Whitney bought a picture frame shelf and some decorative accents as well. We are still trying to figure out the best plant to put in her entryway and although Ikea has some houseplants they just didn't have anything that popped out.

After Ikea Whitney introduced me to a wonderful placed called Hobby Lobby. It was perfect timing because guess what was on sale this week? Iron garden decorations- 50% off!!! Items I had been watching on eBay were sitting on shelves just waiting for me to walk by. I was so excited. I ended up getting three different types of iron bird feeders, a bell that I need to install next to my front door, a decorative glass tea pot that I still am not sure what I want to do with, and two fun Owl pots (one large and one small). Whitney bought some colored sheets of glass for a project she has planned. The treasure find of the day goes to Whitney who spotted a broken half moon table sitting on a barren shelf that had been on hold for someone else a month earlier. She asked about it, completely in love with it, and they said it was hers to take if she wanted- at 90% off!!! She scooped it up immediately! $129.99 table for $14!!! Thankfully it fit in my car. The broken bit is an easy fix.... apply a little wood glue and it's as good as new! She also bought a few knobs to dress up the table and her entertainment center back home. Having been down the knob aisle she may have turned me on to something.... except I don't have many knobs in my house. Shoot.

It made for a great day and I was so excited to get home and get my chairs out so I could finally sit and enjoy my garden. I am still on the hunt for a large piece of wall art to put up above my dragonfly table. The search is never ending! Keep an eye out for my Gnome and Mushroom that I picked up from Target for a dollar a piece on Monday. They add a little charm to the place.





Happy endeavors in your treasure hunts,
~ Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment