Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Drying and Storing Your Herbs

I did a little research, so I can't take credit to this information as my own, and looked up how to dry and store my herbs. When I typed in the search engine "Drying herbs" it lead me to a neat little site. In 5 easy steps they tell you just what you need to know:
  1. Harvest your leaves from the plant by snipping off the leaves or stems with scissors.
  2. Bind the leaves or stems together with a rubber band or some string.
  3. Place upside down in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
  4. Check on your herbs daily until the leaves become lightly crisp. (5-8 days)
  5. Store your herbs in a zip lock bag or, better yet, a mason jar.
Herbs will last you about a year if stored correctly.
Bountiful Harvest,
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment