Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Garden Update 3-31-2010 AND 4-6-2010

I thought it would be fun to show some differences in how quickly my veggies are growing! It's been so exciting watching the tomato plants grow like wild fires and the peppers are hidden away, but still making vertical progress. Can't beat that! The first photo in a sequence will be from 3/31/2010 and the second from today, 4/6/2010:

Tomatoes:


Peas:


March 31, 2010 Progress:



April 6, 2010 Progress:
Jalapeno Peppers:
Serrano Pepper and Purple Beauty (With Mint to its right):


Golden California Wonder Pepper:

My Beau's Mother gave me some garden decor that she had picked up treasure hunting. I don't know how that woman does it, but she has the magic eye for things. She amazes me. Just walk through her house and ask her where she found some of her pieces like stepping stones, cherubs, antique watering cans, bells, fairy art, bird baths and feeders... and she will tell you it is all either recycled from craigslist or garage sales or thrift stores or found in the bargain bin at TJ Maxx or Ross. She has a gift and it is amazing. She gave me a little picket fence with some garden growing in the background and a fair who has some junk in her pretty little trunk to put in my flowers. They are perfect and the first real pieces of garden art I've been able to have. I am really thankful for that. Perhaps I should give her my wish list and reimburse her when she finds the items I have been searching so long for! Wouldn't that be great! I have a few items for her, a watering can and piece of wall art I picked up, but truly- they do not compare to her finds.

Happy Hunting and Growing-
~ Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment