Sunday, July 24, 2011

Crack. Kaboom. And Zap.

Sometimes, here in Arizona, we have a thing called weather. Yes, we wake up every morning and look out our bedroom windows to clear skies and sunshine.... every....day.... the same thing. It is really quite boring and you lose respect and interest in the sun pretty quickly... especially when it is greeting you at 103* at 9:00AM. 
Tonight, as many of my fellow Arizonans have noticed, we were graced with weather. Real, bona fide weather. (Did you know that "bona fide" was spelt "b-o-n-a  f-i-d-e"?? I disapprove.) 


We got the down pour, the side ways, and the drizzly type rain. We got the thunder clap, the thunder stomp, and the "run for your life, the world is ending" thunder. The clouds were dark. The clouds were light. The clouds were filled with white. (rhyme.) 
Finally... I got to enjoy some real weather. 


When the rain comes I see an opportunity to be lazy when it comes to watering my plants (what is left of them at least.) So tonight I shuffled my two pots of fern plants under the gutter drain that was over flowing in front of my neighbor's house. My plants are happy. 


When the rain comes Hubby sees an opportunity to try out his Berkey Water Filtration System. They claim it can filter food coloring out of water... they claim you can put pool water in and it will give you fresh, drinkable deliciousness. They claim that you could take swamp-esque water and quench your thirst. Hubs had to test them. And so he did:
With our roof tops still laced in Haboob dust, our gutter water was a lovely mocha brown. Mmmm.... fiber! Let's see what happens... shall we?
I'm pretty impressed. It worked... and yes, I did try the water. It tasted great - in fact, it tasted better than the tap water we usually filter through it - ahem - City of Phoenix - ahem. 
The best part of the night? Having our neighbor come play in the rain with me and then give me this:
Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Brownies with Almond Shavings and
Chocolate Drizzle (AKA Goop). Made with Coconut Oil
instead of Vegetable Oil.
Enjoy Your Weather Whether You Got It or Not,
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment