Saturday, January 1, 2011

Oh. Hello 2011.

New Years Resolutions... who needs them? I am beginning to feel, just in these past few days, that personal change should be a lifelong commitment that happens every day. Why wait until midnight on January 1st to decide to commit to change? There are things I know I need to continue to work on and things I am yet to learn I need. Every day brings a new challenge and everyday we need to face those challenges, learn from them, and work towards not having to see those challenges again. That is why I have to say that this year I don't have Resolutions. I have goals. And I have plans. I have a To-Do List.

Goals, Plans, To-Do:
  • Plan a wedding and participate in it.
    • Buy my wedding dress.
    • Talk to my girls about Bridesmaid's dresses.
    • Take inventory on materials already have, what needs to be purchased.
    • Make Save The Dates and Invitations.
    • Organize my thoughts on the reception.
    • Get the boys' stuff figured out.
Mmmm... I think this one is PERFECT!
  • Buy a house
    • Start a garden.
    • Reuse, restore, and recycle as many home furnishings as possible.
    • Move away from plastic products; use glass, ceramic, or wood, etc. instead.
    • Organize and declutter what we have already.
    • Build a two-room shed in the backyard.
    • Build a chicken coop and raise some chickens.
    Dreamy, isn't it?
  • Become more financially responsible.
  • Continue to be increasingly more self reliant.
  • Commit to my education- really learn the materials to better help others.
  • Continue to shop locally instead of corporations. Farmer's Market, Farmer's Market, Farmer's Market.
  • 
    Yummy!
  • Continue to eat healthier and be aware of what I put into my body. Avoid unnecessary chemicals, and practice what I preach.
  • Be a better friend to those closest to me- continue to rebuild relationships.
  • Know that only I can give people permission to hurt me.
  • Continue to teach people how to be better foster parents for children coming from less than ideal home lifes.
  • Make it to Frontsight and get some tactical handgun training.
  • Be in Oregon for Christmas.
  • Meditate more often.
  • Get messages as often as possible!!!
  • Read more books for fun. (This one should be easy!)
Well, really, I think that is it so far for the things I'd like to do in the year 2011. It is going to be an incredible year of change for me, which is exciting as I love and crave change. Marriage, House, School, Kids? I guess we will see!

May 2011 be filled with blessings and adventure,
~ Birdie

1 comment:

  1. you won!

    http://diycupcake.blogspot.com/2011/01/and-winner-is.html

    please email me at JenniferLindSchutsky@gmail.com with your address so I can ship your choice of watercolor paintings. see the link above to pick your favorite painting.

    ReplyDelete