Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Craigslist Finds

Craigslist, as for millions of others, is by far the most amazing website on the world wide web. I turned to the website recently in search for large pots and garden decor, because, after all, I am on a budget and can't afford the $600 bronze pots that I truly want. Having not found any pots to fit my needs I did find a birdbath (which I will be picking up on Friday, March 26), and a metal room divider. I picked up the divider on Sunday (March 21) and found in the same garage of this woman a small wrought iron table with a mosaic top and dragon flies (My favorite)- I purchased them both right away. Fortunately for me, the same woman is having a garage sale on Friday in which I will be picking up a few more items for my garden.



I intend to put a window box or two of ivy in front of the divider and allow the ivy to grow up the divider adding a nice, natural privacy screen in front of our living room window while still allowing a good amount of natural light into the house. I can't wait! That's Friday's project I think. I am still not sure where I will put the birdbath, but I am very excited to get it!



I am on the hunt, currently, on eBay for some faerie decor items that I could tuck away in my flowers. I am also looking for some decor items I can hang up on the walls to add some additional dimension to the garden. I asked my landlord about placing window boxes on the railing just beyond my door and she told me she would get back to me about that. I'll be crossing my fingers- I need all the space I can get!! :)

~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment