Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Garden Progress- 3/24/2010

As will be a trend, I will be adding updated photos of the plants I had planted in the past as well as any new additions I may have.



My snapdragons- So beautiful!



Still no Basil- shoot! My Purple Beauty is growing towards the sun. The original mint that I thought had died with the original Basil back in November proved to be more resilient than I thought and sprouted in spite of the soil in that pot being churned about. So it has its own space now. Grow little mint, grow!

My peas are starting to BLOOM!!! Not sure what's wrong with the little guy on the bottom right, but we will doctor him up in no time.
Hidden in there is my Golden California Wonder, Cherry Tomato and jalapeno plants. Continued are my husky tomato and Serrano pepper- they are all growing so fast! About 1.5 inches since planted on March 17th!

My beans are growing like crazy too! Soon I'll need to put up a stick or netting to help them grow upward! My green onions are floundering- you can barely see them, but I have faith they'll hit their stride soon.
My frog prince from Partylite guards my front door. At night I can light the candle in his belly and make his eyes glow.
I'm going to have to move that pot in the corner soon- the trailing plant is fighting with my tomato plants! The white ground cover plant (name to come soon) is growing new leaves everyday, I can hardly believe it! My arugula (right picture) is sprouting and will soon need it's own planter to let it grow to its full potential. I can't wait! I have an awesome arugula dip recipe I can't wait to bust out again!
The faeries are doing their job and growing their garden with haste. I had no idea that the plants I had put in there were blossoming plants, I was content on having a pot of lush green, but much to my surprise yellow and pink flowers are opening up everywhere! The moss is even spreading which excites me- I can't wait to plant some more and make another garden.
Have a great day!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment