Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sewing in the Dark

12:15AM  December 23rd, 2010:

It had hit me earlier in the evening that I had stockings for myself, my Beau, and my dad, but no stockings for my babies- the cats (Porter and Ada) and dog (Izzie.) So in a flurry of thread, fabric, and a sewing machine I quickly plotted together a bone shaped stocking for Izzie and a "fish" shaped stocking for Ada and Porter (although it didn't turn out quite as fishy as I had planned it.) It was a stormy night out, lots of wind and some rain, and as I was sewing the cats' fish stocking together there was a big boom and all went dark.

Scrambling to light some candles and thankful we had a few flashlights handy we had our house up and running in no time. It was kind of nice to have the peace and quite and be able to listen to the rain fall, but I was on a mission. I needed to finish these stockings! I set out some candles on the table and began sewing the little details onto the bone stocking as best I could. The photos turned out really neat and the stockings ended up charming, at best.







Izzie's Stocking


Izzie protecting her stocking.

Mine. Beau's. Izzie's. Dad's. Ada and Porter's.


Porter hiding under the Christmas tree.
 We hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas! Have a happy New Year and make those resolutions count! Next year's Christmas sewing project... a tree skirt. Whitney made one this year and it turned out great!

Merry Belated Christmas,

~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment