Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Birthday Getaway

No, no, no... I'm not shooing my birthday away - did you read my last post? I am very excited about turning 25. I'm beginning to feel like a genuine adult now. As mentioned before, I am looking to celebrate this year and make it memorable as I feel that turning 25 has lots of reasons to warrant remembrance. So to start off that resolution, I want to go here:


Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Amazing, right?! I already have Beau convinced that THIS is where we have to go. This is Oak Creek Canyon in Sedona, Arizona. I had no idea Arizona could be so undeniably gorgeous?!?! I was so blind! But blind I am no more! 


The cabin pictured is part of Forest Houses Resort; 14 cabins located on 20 wooded acres high in Oak Creek Canyon, this place is a nature-lover's heaven and a city dwellers safe haven! With no TVs, phones, computers or internet, and NO cell phone reception we will truly be in paradise, shut off from the world, away from the busy-ness of life. I cannot wait! What an incredible experience this will be and it isn't expensive either! The cabins range from sleeping 1-5 and you can bring your pets! (Although we will likely leave Izzie-bot with her Grammy and Grampy so that we parents don't have to worry.) 


The cabin we are looking at, a little studio with a gas fireplace, shower, and full kitchen, and a deck that over looks a spring, is only $95 a night... YES PLEASE! 


We will cook our own meals, go on hikes, play in the water, meditate, lay out under the trees, get lost in the woods and eachother, and enjoy every breath-taking minute.


Of course... now that I have this plan, I think to myself... it would be such a shame to go to such a beautiful place, commune with nature, enjoy some long overdue dirt-rehab, and not have a proper camera to document it all... hmmmm...  so about that birthday list... I think I found my first wish.


Birthday Planning,
~Birdie


*Note: All photos were borrowed from other websites. Click on "Source" under the photos to see where I got them from.*

2 comments:

  1. I definitely want to check this place out! You will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to it! You should venture out there for the day before you leave AZ!

    ReplyDelete