Friday, April 22, 2011

Medicinal Tinctures

(Well... let me be the first to admit that I am terrible at this whole "write everyday" thing. Terrible. But I'm writing now.... so let's move on.)


I'm excited to report that on May 1st I will have my first batch of medicinal tinctures available through Oak Tree Apothecary. 

Feverfew, Hawthorne, Turmeric, Cayenne
To start, I chose three important herbal combinations... and I have yet to come up with creative, trendy names for them... so bear with me. 


Hawthorne and Motherswort - This amazing concoction is a heart protector and healer, blood pressure stabilizer (if high, it will lower; if low, it will raise), heart rate relaxant, anxiety and stress buster, and mood swings/PMS neutralizer! Taken orally. Perfect on so many levels. 
Yep... I can't spell.. it's ok- that's what autocorrect is for.
Turmeric- King of the "Anti's" - This plant is unbelievable... a true blessing of nature. Click HERE to see a list of all its medicinal uses and therapeutic actions. To name a few: Anti-tumor, thyroid strengthener, anti-bacterial, antioxidant, blood purifier, adrenal support, and liver cleansing.  Caution: Do not take while using any blood thinning medications. 

Skullcap, Feverfew, and Peppermint - Headache and migraine relief! Taken orally. Can be massaged into the temples. Excellent pain relief for those chronic and sometimes head aches. (Also great for bug bites when applied topically.)
Cayenne - (Available May 6th) - Anti-inflammatory, blood pressure stabilizer, heart healer, first aide miracle worker! Great for colds/sore throats, cuts, bloody noses, heart problems, heart attacks, menstrual cramps, ulcers, blood pressure, to stop bleeding, and so much more! 
My favorite photo... frozen jar from ice cold vodka.


I will be sure to let you know when the tinctures available and have been posted... May 1st and May 6th. See you then!


Happy Healing,
~ Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment