Thursday, June 2, 2011

Photo Update: Le Garden

Hmmm... it amazes me that this blog started off as a garden blog... 


and yet...


When was the last time I posted something garden related? Yeah... a while.  I have been gardening year round, my interests have just shifted to my school work and all the exciting things I am learning there. My garden is a place for me to slow down and take time away to nurture it. Something I will have to do often now that we are heading into the summer months and will be hit hard with the afternoon sun. These photos were taken at the beginning of May, so some growth has happened since. 

Garlic


Cilantro
Cilantro and Rosemary
Carrots!
My renegade tomato plant that popped up from last year.
Peppers - planted from seed.

Onions
Broccoli 
Mint and radishes
Hopi Melon
Sweet and red potatoes
Fern and Chamomile

Love this photo

Red potato and Foxglove? (It also is a renegade)
?
Aloe!
Still no idea what this plant is, but it has grown substantially!


Get your hands dirty!
~ Birdie

4 comments:

  1. your carrots and peppers are doing better than mine! and my broccoli JUST started budding! thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I planted a lot of my seeds end of February/beginning of March so they have had some time to get going. The broccoli has looked like that since April and it still has yet to produce a floret. I have nearly given up on it. We shall see. The carrots shocked me. They look great! :) I planted orange and purple ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- your garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, Jaymee! I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete