Friday, June 24, 2011

Burn Out

There is so much in my life that I am thankful for. So much that I am learning to love and show gratitude for. So much to appreciate. 


While I may be exhausted, flirting with a lovely thing called "Burn Out," I am eternally grateful for the reasons for it. 
Rather than saying that "I have to go to work," I choose to say "I get to go to work." There are so many out there who don't have this option. I am thankful that I do. I am thankful for the job I have - I truly love it. Teaching about and discussing the wellbeing of children lifts my spirits whenever they are low. It is a pleasure.


Going to school while working is a challenge, but a worthy one. SWIHA is a blessing, every step of the way, and the people I meet there encourage me to dig deeper, learn more, and share the love. Every day I am learning to be better, stronger, healthier. I am honing my skills as a Healer and becoming familiar with my heart.


While Yoga is a part of my schooling, it is really a world all its own. Perhaps the most accountable for my fatigue, it is worth every minute. The more I learn, the more I love it. The philosophies, the asanas (poses), the community. What a beautiful and blessed way to start my day.
I am a wife and with that title comes certain responsibilities. Like loving, nurturing, and caring for my husband and finding the time to be a part of my family, love my spouse, connect with my babies (our furry little bundles of joy). Fortunately, my family is my therapy. My husband is my support who loves and nurtures and cares for me. My babies show me unconditional love every moment of every day... even when they are sleeping, I can feel it. 
I am a daughter, a grand-daughter, a sister, and a best friend. Family outside of this house garner my attention throughout the week. Thank goodness for Facebook and cell phones, letters and cards. To be loved and cherished by so many; to know that I am held in the hearts of others; to have a support group ready to lend an ear or a warm embrace... no obstacle becomes too great. I am invincible.
I have a business, in its beginning stages, that becomes a focal point whenever there is spare time. I am thankful for the knowledge that I have and the education I am receiving so that I may grow that business, so that I can spread my message, and so that I can touch the lives of others. It will be an adventure to watch as Oak Tree takes off and reaches its full potential.
What about this blog? Obviously I have neglected it in these last few weeks, but as the summer calms down, more time will become available for my dedication to return. To have a venue to share with others around the world is amazing and inspiring. Having friends and strangers show their support for this blog and the values it represents is encouraging. Thank you all for your time and attention. It is very much appreciated.


Although I know that I am forgetting somethings here and there, lastly, I must acknowledge that I am Me. While learning to be able to sit with just Me and listen to Me and be OK with just Me - I am spending time with Me. Having personal time is very important and I am getting better at embracing this idea. As independent as I am it has occurred to me that I may have forgotten how to be it. Baths help. As does meditation. I am grateful for Me.


What Are You Thankful For?
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment